FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SCORE ONE for the good guys! I stopped the GA from giving my UG to a non rev.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:02 am
HongKonger
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by motytrah
Quote:

Originally Posted by JW6130

How is that not stealing? The Medallion in question would have lost their (earned) upgrade had they not taken a picture of the GIDS! Why does that not make you angry beyond a wrist-slap?

How many high value customers would just quietly fly another airline, rather than not wanting to make a scene at the gate to fight for their upgrade? I know plenty of people that hate to make a scene--and they get taken advantage of. If it happens even once, that costs Delta money.

If it costs Delta money, it is stealing from shareholders.

Delta is a bit like a two-timing boyfriend. It made promises to the customers, it made promises to the employees. Then it made all sorts of operational, routing and program changes over the last 5 years that made it impossible to keep those promises. Obviously they prioritize the customers over employees.

In terms of customers leaving, the actions of a rouge GA now and then is a drop in the bucket. I would speculate far more customers have left over frustration over the award calendar.
DL made no promise of F to employees, they promised F only after all medallions had been UGed.