FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bose headphone issue driving me crazy; best alternative?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 4:44 pm
johndoe123

Originally Posted by flyingdervish
My Bose headphones are great in every way but I use them all the time and I probably go through 4 batteries a week. It's expensive and a pain and I have to carry batteries with me everywhere I go.

What is the best alternative to Bose for a frequent traveler that needs to tune out airplane noise? (I understand the Bose were especially designed for airplane noise?)

Sound quality is important but not as important is tuning out airplane sounds when flying. (Yes, I already have ear plugs!)
Go get yourself a good set of rechargeable batteries -- not the cheap-os they last longer than cheap disposables.

Alternatively, try the "lithium" ones at the store and see if they last longer.

Or get one of those cheap 50 pack of batteries off amazon and just pitch them as you go.

Or, sell the Bose to me.

I have a noise cancelling set by able planet. I like it. It lasts 8 hours on a c harge, and unlike the Bose, it can play music with the power in the "off" setting without noise cancelling. Great for when they tell you to turn off electronic devices and IFE, or when the batteries are dead.

I got it for $80 off a woot.com special, but look around.