Old Oct 20, 13, 10:13 am
slidergirl

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy View Post
As others have said, this is not a shining example of the St. Regis brand. Rather indifferent staff. Asked the concierge for some shopping assistance and was given two places he "thought" might have what I wanted but clearly wasn't interested in doing any research for me. (Neither did.) No diet coke in the minibar so asked it to be stocked but never was during my three days. Room controls and clock on the bedside did not work. The HVAC was pretty weak. 70 when I checked in; turned it down to 60; in three days it only made it to 66. The Butler Service is nothing more than hotel operators here. I asked for diet coke and was transferred to room service. I asked for breakfast reservations and was transferred to the restaurant. Allow Me seems to be Allow Me to have you take another step to get what you want.
From what I understand, Butler Services is the hotel operators at St. Regis hotels. They take all the calls, internal and external. If you are in a suite, your requests will be forwarded on to your Butler for execution. If you are not in a suite, you will be transferred to the appropriate department. And, there is "nothing more than" about the operators!!! You try to take phone calls all day, answer questions, apologize for service missteps, etc.... In a large, full hotel, I could only imagine what it is like...