FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SCORE ONE for the good guys! I stopped the GA from giving my UG to a non rev.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:37 pm
HongKonger
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by james318
Quote:

Originally Posted by amolkold

Please send the letter in. No matter your intention, that GA deserves to lose their job for attempted theft of an upgrade.

I think losing their job is a bit much if it's a first offense. This gate agent needs to be trained, not fired.

If training does not fix the issue, well... then other options can be explored.

<soapbox>
I am so freakin sick of "us" (flyertalkers) calling for people to be fired over minor crap like this. Training should be the first step. To suggest someone be fired, which impacts their whole livelyhood, their family, etc over an upgrade? Yes, they should be called out, and yes management should be made aware. But unless it is a repeated issue that consultation and training fails to fix, to call for them to get fired is just petty and simplistic.
</soapbox>
Agree with you but the leash should be short. If your employer has a policy, and you choose to disregard the policy for the benefit of your friends, how many times would your employer "train" you before firing you? I don't know where you work but I'm guessing the answer is "not many."