FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embarassing Travel Moments
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2013, 9:25 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tuapekastar
I attended a reunion in SIN last year. The hotel that a group of us stayed at included limited complimentary minibar, replenished daily. Included 2 cans of Tiger beer, some water and soft drinks, along with a few Oreo biscuits.
Now, we were out partying every night and the last thing I felt like doing back in my room upon late night returns was consuming the beers. However I figured if I didn't 'use' them they would not be replenished and I would lose out on the deal.
So I decided to stockpile them, in anticipation of us having a big farewell session on the last night (I was staying 7 nights).
Where to store them? I just happened to have the room safe open at the time so decided that was where they would go. Naturally, on about day 4, I mucked up the safe and could not open it (I did have non-beer valuables in there as well).
So I rang down, and they sent a nice man in a suit and carrying an electronic device up to assist me. He pressed a few buttons on the device and the safe opened to reveal...a bunch of cans of Tiger beer threatening to roll out
onto the floor. To his credit he said nothing and his facial expression did not change in any way.
We did have a last night session but could not finish them all so most of what was left was donated to one of our friends living locally.
That is an absolutely hilarious story