FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE 29 APR 2015: Special ticketing procedure: award tickets from Manila / MNL / Phil
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:49 pm
meecal

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by daniellam
If no ticket is issued, the reservation will automatically be cancelled at that time.

I suggest you call AA to change your AA Award to just HKG-JNB and it should ticket automatically.

You might just have to get the MNL-HKG portion as a separate award (leave ample time in HKG [eg. arriving in HKG the day before] to avoid problems if the MNL-HKG flight gets delayed causing you to miss the HKG-JNB flight as you won't get protected when on separate tickets).
daniellam, thanks for the quick reply. Changing my award to HKG-JNB is unappealing to me. We're traveling enough - I'm not interested in staying a night in HKG. If this ticket gets automatically canceled I'll get my AA miles back, right? Seems absurd to even ask that question but this whole arrangement is absurd. If this ticket is automatically canceled I'm pretty sure we'll just cut this portion of the trip out of our honeymoon.