Old Oct 15, 13, 7:31 pm
peteropny
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Hyatt Place Columbus GA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

We had a 3 night stay at this property last weekend. The property is in a typical suburban location with an IHOP and a Texas Roadhouse next door for dining option - many other national chains within 2 mile drive.

The property itself appears to be a purpose built Hyatt Place (not remodeled Amerisuites). That said, my dislike of the rooms remain the same (noisy through the wall HVAC although controlled by a wall thermostat and the vanity area being in the room itself, making it impossible to sleep if companion is up getting ready.

Staff is friendly and appeared to recognize Diamond status well - our 2 rooms were pre-assigned next to each other and two drink coupons were prepared before arrival. The slight downfall was that for the second room I used points for 2 nights and last night with my Chase anniv night (I know this is only cat 1 but it expires in February), that room key stopped working after the 2nd night necessitating a trip back yo the front desk to checkin. A slight late checkout 1:30 was readily granted the last morning.