FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need Help about US awarding miles on a ticket where all segments are not flown.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:52 pm
Mike1625

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Plat.
Originally Posted by phlwookie
I don't think there's enough info here for me to be sure what really happened, but I would expect miles for segments actually boarded and flown unless they're accusing hidden city ticketing, where they are likely to either deny accrual for the whole itinerary, one direction of travel or may close the mileage account.

Maybe I'm not understanding the question, but that's my knee jerk reaction to it.
I'll give a personal example on another airline. I live in Tampa, planned a weekend getaway to New Orleans. Right before the trip by grandmother died. The RT to New Orleans only cost about $100, so there was no value after change fees. I determined it was easier for me to fly to NOLA, spend a night there, then begin a trip on another airline MSY-OMA Then OMA-TPA with connections in both directions. I got mileage credit for TPA to MSY, but not the return, where I simply never showed up at the airport to take the flights. I wasn't trying to scam the airline, just how life happened to work out.

Now, in cases like this if US Airways normally gives mileage for segments flown, but told me I wouldn't get it and that they never give it, then I have an issue with that.