FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA Today: Phoenix airport screening draws angry complaints
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:49 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Schmurrr
USA Today posted an article today about TSA abuses of travelers in Phoenix.

Jezebel picked up the story but used a title that focuses on TSA making an 82-year old remove her breast prostheses.
PHX has been a badly managed airport for some time now - baggage thefts that didn't get investigated, constant complaints about TSOs and women, particularly women with breast implants - anything breast-related, actually. Remember Stacy Amato? That included misconduct by a manager. Yukio Miyamae? Just showed that you do not want to call the cops at PHX - if anything, they're like bad TSOs on steroids.

I've personally had very bad experiences at T2. The minute I explain that I'm physically unable to assume and hold the position in the NoS, it's the same thing every time: I get told VERY LOUDLY that I am an OPT OUT and off I go to wait for the roughest gropes I ever get anywhere, consistently.

That said, there's something odd in the reporting. There's mention of an older gentleman getting groin-chopped with a wand. IIRC, all wands were (unfortunately) eliminated (taxpayers are probably paying high-priced storage in some politician's friend's warehouse somewhere -or they were sold for pennies on the dollar). I don't doubt he got groin-chopped, but I'd be surprised if it was with a wand.