FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jordanian Visa Requirement
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2013, 2:42 pm
Perche

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Jordanian Visa Requirement

I am traveling from MXP to Amman, to Delhi. Two hour layover in Amman. No plans to exit the airport. I booked a return on BA flying RJ DEL-AMMAN-LHR, BA LHR to JFK. The BA and RJ website both make mention of needing a Jordanian visa, even if you are not staying there, but are just passing through for a plane change. It says it depends on your country of origin.

I know I'm going to be in India for four weeks, and have applied for a visa there, but I don't know if I have to apply for a Jordanian visa for my layover there, neither of which, coming or going, involve me leaving the airport. The BA website says that people from some countries need a visa even if they are just making a connecting flight.

On my flight MXP-AMMAN-DEL, on the RJ website, I used my Italian passport.
On the return, DEL-AMMAN-LHR-JFK, I listed my American passport. Since country of origin seems to determine visa requirements, I hope being Italian inbound and American outbound, is not a problem.

I've applied for the Indian visa. My question is, based on my dual italian and USA citizenship, do I need a jordanian visa to change planes there?

Second question I am a "Trusted Traveler" in the USA, which allows me to get short-lined through most of security. My layover time from Italy in Amman for the flight to Delhi is an hour and 50 minutes. On the Royal Jordanian website where I bought the ticket, it asked if I am a trusted traveler, and asked for the number. I didn't have the number, and they didn't use the words trusted traveler, so I answered no. I checked into it, and it seems that it means trusted traveler in the USA sense of the word, which makes border crossing ten times easier. However, on RJ Booking Manager, I can't find a place to go back and put in my Trusted Traveler Number. I would appreciate any help with this. I have european travel down pat, but this is only my second foray into Asia and the Middle East, and I have no idea how to proceed.

In sum: with an italian and an american passport, do I need a visa to do a connecting flight in Amman, Jordan? I have trusted traveler status with the USA, at least. RJ asked for it, so they may honor it, but I didn't have the number to give them at the time. Is it worth trying to get on the phone with them, and giving it to them? Any help is appreciated.