FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Washington D.C. which hotel? 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:33 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Trip Advisor and Flyer Talk do not belong in the same post!

Look at a google map of DC. It a good base of location, if you don't mind walking as DC is a walking city. It's not a too far walk to the Mall area. However, with kids, I would say the Westin Grand-Georgetown and the Fairfax are better for walking and food as they are located on major commercial streets in residential neighborhoods.
+1 But very tough to get two rooms @ $112 each, and you would be pretty cramped at the others with 4 to a room (though I saw a family of 5 at the Fairfax). So in this case I'd take the rooms over the location as your kids are old enough to walk. Not to mention that taxis are cheap and plentiful.

Originally Posted by frenchie2
I will be going to DC for the first time with my 3 kids (age 9-15) end of June next year. I have a BRG rate approved at the Westin City Center for $114 a night for 6 nights 2 rooms! Is that a good choice in terms of location, transportation and food choices? I read that renovation is going on at the hotel, there are quite a few complains on tripadvisor that made me a bit concerned. But with the low price, it is very tempting, and seems to be better choice than Residence Inn pentagon city?
Definitely stay in DC and not Pentagon City. IMO the only reason to stay in Virginia would be due to having business or friends there (or a great rate at the Ritz Carlton).