FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC vs. AA comparison
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2013, 9:27 am
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tom911
Are you including hidden EXP systemwide availability in those numbers (I suspect not)? I regularly benefit from that and you won't see it on the web site or Expert Flyer. The agent has to input your account number to see that availability, so it would require talking to an agent for each and every one of those 1800 flights you researched to see what is available that may be hidden from public view.

I've cleared 100% for 12 years running now including 8 systemwides this year, and I'd say that 90% of those have cleared at booking, though I'm not flying during the summer for the most part. I recall one flight they opened up 3 seats for my party when Expert Flyer showed "0". This year they opened up seats for me from both Frankfurt and Dublin. As you gain some more experience with the EXP program you'll hopefully be able to utilize these perks.
Thanks for the info! Indeed, I only searched for booking class C. I was aware that high-value EXP members are sometimes upgraded (at time of booking) even when C=0, but was unaware of a hidden upgrade inventory. Is this indeed inventory accessible by any EXP? If so, I wonder why they would have two subsets of inventory and hide one of them?