FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ethical Question: Amenities kits in F/J left behind by psgrs. fair game?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:52 pm
Apieinthesky

Originally Posted by mecabq
This is a silly argument, as is the one a previous poster made about a laptop. It's fair to assume that the owner of a laptop or handbag did not intend to leave it behind, whereas we can assume that someone who left an amenity kit did. There's a difference between forgotten and abandoned.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IME almost all hotels will refill/replace most toiletry items as needed. Exceptions can be bath sponges, sewing kits, etc. You can also request additional toiletry supplies from maids, housekeeping, or guest services. Luxury properties tend to be very generous.
I don't stay at true luxury hotels, but I stay at InterContinentals a fair amount of the time. Usually I get two full sets of toiletries; one set is in the shower and when they're empty, I move the extra set into the shower, and that extra set gets replaced. If I want to steal them, I put the second set in my bag and it gets replaced.

Sometimes, like at the London Park Lane, there's always only one set and it gets replaced daily. This seems wasteful to me, and I actually prefer the first approach cause then I can take home unused ones if I wanted to. Of course I could ask housekeeping for more if really necessary.

Last edited by Apieinthesky; Oct 6, 2013 at 2:46 am Reason: grammar