FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long before the Concierge Service is gutted?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:52 pm
rankourabu
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by jarusoba
5% off base fare of $5000 would be $250. It's easy to get $5000 base fare, especially when you put more than 1 person in a booking. (unless you're a bottom feeder, of course)
If you were spending $5000 on a ticket out of pocket, chances are - you do not give a rats ... about a 5% off coupon

I guess everyone in this forum is a bottom feeder, because they've at one point or another spent <$5000 on a ticket.

I think you should tell that to the man that drops $1200 from YSB to PIT - clearly a bottom feeder, should be spending $5000 to be worthy.

I guess you'd rather have 5% in AC compensation than $250 straight out.... Even a grade school student could do the math at which one is more valuable to 99.9% of the population.

And $5k for a single ticket, lol, only a dumbass would pay that from their own pocket, I flew 150k miles this year for less than that, made 1K by August, and 70% of my flights were up front.

Even buying miles, a business ticket anywhere in the world would not cost more than $3k, and you still get the services of the magical whimsical concierge.

Last edited by rankourabu; Oct 1, 2013 at 6:58 pm