FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:26 am
jmgriffin

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
FYI--I reached out to The Laguna to see if it's possible to confirm an upgrade prior to arrival when booking with points, here's what I got back:
JMGRIFFIN: I see that I can book the "Deluxe garden view: King Bed" room for 12,000 Starpoints per night during these dates. If booked, can you advise if it would be possible to pay cash to receive an upgrade to a Suite, "Hibiscus Villa" or "Pool Villa"?

LAGUNA: Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa. Glad to hear that your will have your upcoming holiday in our resort. Referring the Starpoints Redeem Stay, you may log on at www.spg.com for the booking.

Pleased to offer the upgrade with an additional charge as follow :
  • Deluxe Garden View upgrade to Executive Suite
    USD 125 +21% per night
  • Deluxe Garden View upgrade to Lagoon Access Suite
    USD 165 +21% per night
  • Deluxe Garden View upgrade to Hibiscus Villa
    USD 300 +21% per night
  • Deluxe Garden View upgrade to One Bedroom Pool Villa
    USD 350 +21% per night

We wish above arrangement meet to your requirement. Looking forward for your booking.

JMGRIFFIN: Thank you for the prompt reply! Those rates are very high! Is there any possibility to get a better rate? For example I see that I could book the Hibiscus Villa for $331 for those same dates so booking with points and then doing upgrade of $300/night doesn't make much sense. An upgrade rate of $100/night might be more reasonable?

LAGUNA: Understand that you find Hibiscus Villa rate at USD 331 +21% per night by direct booking. Kindly be informed that this rate is prepaid package non cancellable, non refundable and non amendable. However the rate that we offer you for upgrade USD 300 +21% is flexible cancellation. As good gesture, we are pleased to offer you better rate at USD 275 +21% per night for Hibiscus Villa.

JMGRIFFIN: Thanks for the offer but I'm afraid that is still too high. Are there any opportunities to book the Hibiscus Villa, Pool Villa or Suites using 100% points? For example instead of 12,000 points/night for a Deluxe Garden View is it possible to spend maybe 24,000 or even 36,000 points/night for the Suite/Villa?

LAGUNA: Certainly, you may use your starpoints for upgrade to Hibiscus Villa. Once you confirmed the Deluxe Garden booking 12,000 starpoints, then we will add 24,000 starpoints per night for upgrade to Hibiscus Villa.