FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2014 and prior
Old Sep 30, 2013, 9:51 am
percysmith
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Amex 3kAM for $20K online spending, 10kAM for $50K 28 Sep-10 Nov

http://www.americanexpress.com/hk/en...onlinerewards/

This is on top of their normal earn rates, taking them "up to" to $3.07/mile online local, $2.22/mile online overseas and $1.74/mile CX Holidays.

I thought this was fortunate timing, making it seem like tied to the 20k extra miles/100K redemption offer above. But I believe CCB eye redemption also earn those redemption offers and that card earns $3/mile online local and $2.14/mile online overseas with no rounding down to $20K/$50K, so unless you're spending a bucketload with CX Holidays I'd stick with CCB eye.

But there're a lot of lazy people out there who don't apply for every card on our list so maybe a good deal.

(edit 1 Oct) WARNING - SIGNIFICANT LIMITATION - SELECTED MERCHANTS ONLY:

AMC Cinemas, Apple Online Store, Broadway Circuit, CATHAY PACIFIC, Cathay Holidays Limited, Dell, DRAGONAIR, ESD Life, Hotels.com, Lane Crawford, PALACE, Park n Shop, Reebonz, Sony Corporation of Hong Kong Ltd, Watson's Wine, Wellcome, Wing On Department Stores

Everyday Merchants again...online version...I'm not calling it totally useless/toxic yet but does significantly limit the earning opportunities of the offer!

Last edited by percysmith; Oct 1, 2013 at 8:43 am