FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Over, Motion Passed: Create an Information Desk Forum
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:15 pm
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Improving Wording of Subtitle

First things first, a general Q & A corner definitely will make FT less intimating for newbies and more friendly for jack of "all miles & points."
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Moved by nsx and seconded by jackal:

“The TalkBoard recommends adding an "Information Desk" forum at the top of the list of forums, with the subtitle "New Member Q&A and Award Travel Advice",...
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
... I didn't come up w/ the sub-title & might have tweaked it a tad, but it was part of the motion.
(underline mine)

I'd spoken my mind about the separation of general Q& As from award planning. Even though disappointed in the direction the current TB is heading w/r/t award planning, I believe the wording of subtitle is supposed to be self-explanatory, instead of creating unnecessary confusion. The current proposed subtitle of "New Member Q&A and Award Travel Advice" can be wrongly interpreted in two ways:
I. it's only for new members; and
II. an open invitation to ask a program-specific question in this proposed new forum, when such question should be addressed in each designated forum.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
id think anything about ONE program would be moved pretty quickly
If the subtitle had been worded as "Including New Member Q&A and Non-Program-Specific Award Travel Advice", members would have had a better idea:
1) Information Desk is NOT just for newbies;
2) NOT to ask program-specific questions here so MODs wouldn't be loaded with thread relocation tasks.

Just some food for thought.

Last edited by lin821; Sep 28, 2013 at 12:15 am Reason: clarification