Old Sep 27, 13, 8:49 am
gruss

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by drew4392 View Post
Has anybody gone from Silver to Gold status and noticed a significant increase in upgrade frequency?

Trying to determine if 3 days eligibility (before flight) is noticeably better than Silver's 1 day.

Thanks!
I have only my own personal evidence to offer and it's limited because I was only silver for a short time due to the trial, but I was 4/12 on upgrade-eligible flights as a silver and have been 25/32 as a gold. Since becoming gold essentially the only upgrades that haven't been a guarantee have been hub-hub flights between PHL/CLT and PHX, which I'm about 50/50 on.

Aside from those, typically the only upgrades I miss are when I change flights or book at the last minute. However I typically try to arrange my travel in and out of ALB to be on Republic to PHL or mainline to CLT which never have any significant load in F so that makes up a fair portion of my upgrades. Obviously a lot depends on the routes you'd be flying and days/times. If you're on flights with few preferred travelers, you may not see a difference, but that roughly 50/50 chance I've enjoyed on hub-hub is essentially nonexistent as a silver.