FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:44 am
lightyear40

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Often I read on various web sites that Accor is the least generous of all the Reward Programs, hence many steer clear and tend to sit in the Starwood, Marriot and IHG camp. I personally prefer The Accor Brand, albeit Novotel upwards. In Asia they are now definitely the leading hotel chain, unlike Europe where there are more Managers than foot soldiers.

If the price is right I do go for an executive room, because I prefer those extra creature comforts and a bit of pampering from time to time. I often spend time at the Novotel Bangkok during long connection times and especially enjoy their lounge. I make around 15-20,000 points a year so I sit in the Gold Category. I don’t travel enough to make Platinum and although I have no objection to Plats getting lounge access, I do object to the high number of individuals currently holding free plat cards with no stays. I hope Accor has a way of dealing with this, because if they don’t I can see some of their lounges being ruined overnight.

In relation to the Members Website I love the calculator, because at least you can now calculate how many points are required to move onto the next level. . Welcome drink may be a problem especially at Airport hotels that are often very busy and don’t have a very large sitting area. Upgrades will be interesting and this will be the key to Accor taking a lions share away from their competitors. If Accor can get their hotels to comply with these new additions, especially the European Market, I believe they are onto a real winner. I can see IHG being one of the big losers, because after all most Holiday Inns in Thailand are awful. I also welcome the early check-in and out policy for Gold´s this is a real plus for me.

Still there is plenty to report about in the coming weeks. I have got around 12 stays myself in November in Asia and 4 in Europe so will report back on my findings.