Old Sep 26, 13, 9:02 am
wanttoseetheworld

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver
Unhappy Ticket 'on request' needs verification

My fiance and I booked our flights for our honeymoon last night on AA travelling ABZ - LCY - LGW - CUN - CUN - MMH - LAS - LHR - LHR - ABZ. The mikles came out of my account but my ticket was 'on reuqest' - the miles didn't come out of his account but his ticket was also 'on request'.

I called American twice today (Gold Desk) to be told by both attendants that everything was fine with the reservation. I then called again (I am nervous and I am out of the country for 3 months next week so want to get this sorted before I leave) to be told they had no CC info. I then called the UK number and gave them my card info for both myself and my fiance's flights.

They ticketed me instantly but told me that my fiance's reservation needed verification and that this would be ticketed in about 10 minutes. An hour went past and this didnt happen so I called again to be now told that it was in a queue and would be ticketed once verification had gone through. The attendant could not tell me what the verification process entailed, why his reservation had to be verified and mine didn't and why mine could happen instantly and his couldn't. She was very condensending (first time I've had an agent at AA like this) and she didn't listen to me at all when I was asking if she could let me know how long the queue was and an estimated time for this to happen.

Any ideas whats going on and when an approx time. The flights across to MMH are Busness/First and going home are Economy. I know that the CUN flight was with BA if that helps anything but I have no idea why mine can go straight through and his can't when we both fly with them all the time I have another 4 trips before the year is out and we both go away together with them in 3 weeks.

Any help most appreciated!