FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyMiles Award levels Renamed
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2013, 7:50 am
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by bennos
The problem is that DL has so burnt its loyalty base that every change, no matter how minor or innocuous, is seen through the lens of "well, you've screwed us every other time, so there must be some hidden way you plan to screw us again this time."
I think people need to let things go.

And I think the notion of "loyalty" is entirely one-sided when used by most FTers. "Loyalty" in the FT context means that DL can never charge more (money or miles), never adjust services (e.g. SkyClub), never have higher loads, never try to sell an FC seat, basically never change. And for all of this, FTers offer to pay the same price for their seat as Joe Smith next door. And then get upset when DL says: "why are we catering to a 'loyalty' that provides no benefit to us?"

If DL behaved in good faith
Good faith does not mean not changing. I think DL acts decently enough in most instances.

and engaged with the community in a manner not consistent with corporate PR messaging and spin,
What community? You mean the maybe 40 people that post here with any regularity? Seems a bit much to expect from a multi-billion dollar corporation. And, given that it is a multi-billion dollar corporation, why would not expect your interaction with them to involve corporate messaging and "spin"? I mean, who gets upset by this? Do FTers also spend their time on grocery message board railing against the fact that the spinach at their local Walmart doesn't look as good as in the commercials?

then something as meaningless as this wouldn't provoke a multi-page thread riddled with vitriol.
This is FT. Even if DL were the greatest thing ever, any negative change would provoke righteous outrage.