FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Club Accorhotels improvements autumn 2013
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:04 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Airlib
Here is the breakdown of the updated benefits:

Improvements include the extension of the welcome drink to mid-range hotels and from Silver upwards free-wifi is offered, as well as late check-out.
Originally Posted by PabloM
It seems like a lot of new benefits for silver and gold but the only new benefit for platinum is lounge access and maybe Internet.

I was hoping for breakfast for platinum.
Lounge access and free wifi are indeed new benefits for platinums and are very welcomed. The lounge access is great news for me. I hope they will create new lounges in top brand hotels outside Asia.

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Indeed, the answer I got when I raised this is that anglo-american chains are stricter when it comes to enforcing minimum standards across their chains. Also worth remembering here is the Accor "asset light" strategy which means they operate the hotels but don't own the building which complicates matters.

But they are very aware this is one of their weaknesses.
That's what I thought first about the "asset light strategy", but I read in various business newspapers that Anglo-American chains were using the same strategy for a long time. So, if this is true, as you said it's a question on how you enforce policies and how you check the compliance with those policies/rules.