FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1,000,000 bonus miles
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2000, 2:43 am
3544quebec

Just needed something like this to flush me out from under a rock.

Diamond and Emerald smuggling are the last thing that customs would be worried about with all those flights through Bogota BlondeBomber!!

The original post says "at least one international segment on EACH of the nine (9) LatinPass carriers" and "at least three (3) segments on ANY of our partner airlines (KLM, USAIRWAYS, TWA)" Note that KLM,US and TWA are not LatinPass carriers but partner airlines so the flights must have to include one international segment on each of the Grupo Taca Airlines - Aviateca, Lacsa, Taca and Nica as well as Saeta, Avianca, Aeropostal, Aces and Copa. So a bit more flying around Central America would be needed.

It also doesn't say that the partner airline flights need to be international only the LatinPass carrier flights - awaiting further details with baited breath.

As for the safety or otherwise of Bogota - just over a year ago I travelled with my niece overland from Quito to Bogota without the hint of a problem. Of course if either of us had been worth kidnapping it may have been a different story.

As someone who has spent countless hours sitting around airports in Lima, Bogota, Quito, Guayaquil, Aruba, Tegucicalpa and Guatemala City - if its just to earn a million points, I say bring on the 6000 chocolate puddings.

[This message has been edited by 3544quebec (edited 01-09-2000).]