FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]
Old Sep 22, 2013, 2:51 pm
FlytheTail

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
I recently spent 4 nights here and enjoyed my stay. I booked a Deluxe studio room and enjoyed its spaciousness and large bathroom. We could see a sliver of the ocean but otherwise had a garden view from our top floor. Service was fine, no complaints. We had breakfasts and a few dinners on site and the breakfasts were fine but the dinners were bland and unexceptional.

There is a good happy hour every evening for two hours, and we enjoyed some very good cocktails made by friendly staff. Probably our highlight was going for a drink at the King Cole Bar at St. Regis -- wow, that's a posh property. I really liked the bar, but dinner at Boneka was a huge disappointment. The ambiance was awful, partly because of children running around like it was a playground. Service was very good, the food was nothing special. We also had dinner one night at the Westin and the menu was very similar to that of the Laguna.

The ocean tide change is quite dramatic. When we were there (in early Sept.), swimming essentially ended by 2pm, and by 5pm the waterline was hundreds of meters away from the beach. The many pools are there though for late afternoon swimming.