FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good Deal Premium Fares 2013
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2013, 2:38 pm
18sas

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Also to the original post, is the DL fare an unlimited connection MPM fare? Could get interesting due to the late departure times of flights down to South America if you really want to beat up the 500-mile minimum rule...
I don't see a reference to MPM in the fare rules on EF. I could be looking in the wrong place or don't understand the rules well enough to figure it out though.

The first itin I attempted had the same routing and DL.com gave me the same price until I tried to book and it changed the fare to $3800. I called and an agent quoted me the higher fare as well. DL.com is notorious for this sort of tease.

I initially assumed that it must be due to an MPM rule, but it's not the case because I eventually found the lower pricing on the same routing, except this time with a 35 minute cxn in MSP as opposed to a safe 2 hour cxn with the higher priced routing. Fare classes were the same so I have no idea why they priced differently.

The routing rules from EF are listed below. I don't know exactly how to interpret them. But it does look like a transfer in SCL is possible. I have an overnight in LAX scheduled.

1. SFO-DL/AS-LAX-SLC-NYC/DEN/CVG/CHI-DTT-ATL-SCL-DL/AR/AF/AC-
BUE
2. SFO-SLC-LAX-CVG-NYC-DTT-ATL-SCL-DL/AR/AF/AC-BUE
3. SFO-DL/AS-LAX-SLC-NYC/DEN/CVG/CHI-DTT-ATL-SCL-KL/BA/AR-BUE
4. SFO-SLC-LAX-CVG-NYC-DTT-ATL-SCL-KL/BA/AR-BUE
5. SFO-DL/AS-LAX-SLC-NYC/DEN/CVG/CHI-DTT-ATL-BUE
6. SFO-SLC-LAX-CVG-NYC-DTT-ATL-BUE
7. SFO-DL/AS-LAX-SLC-NYC/DEN/CVG/CHI-DTT-ATL-DL-BUE
8. SFO-SLC-LAX-CVG-NYC-DTT-ATL-DL-BUE