FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FlyerTalker Lending Team on Kiva.org!
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2013, 6:53 am
wildblue

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just reloaned some money and was surprised to see a number of people listed as "anonymous". When did that begin? And why? Or has it always been that way and I never noticed?
Were they from Apoyo Integral in El Salvador? This program started sometime in the past year and I think they all list the name as "anonymous".

This loan is part of a pilot project Apoyo Integral is launching in conjunction with several local NGOs to support at-risk youth and their families with funding from Kiva. This loan product is tailored to young people who find themselves in high-risk situations because they are located in areas affected by extreme violence. Loans are combined with vocational, technical, and financial training to help these young people develop business ideas that will help them generate income, reintegrate into society, and support their dreams of being productive and contributing members of society.

Due to potential safety risks facing these youth, some of the loans are being disbursed to their parents in order to protect their identities. For the same reason, the faces of some Apoyo Integral borrowers may be blurred in photos. Apoyo Integral appreciates Kiva lenders' understanding of these challenges and encourages them to provide much-needed support to at-risk Salvadoran youth.

There are some field partners in Lebanon and Iraq that blur the face in the picture but for the most part use the real first name.