View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 13, 9:43 am
BankerManUSA

Programs: UA 2MM/*A Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, WN A-List, Hertz Platinum, IHG Platinum
I was flying C on a HKG/SFO flight a few years ago sitting in upper deck of UA B744. I was feeling a bit queasy before first meal service, so I decided to take some antacids and close my eyes for a bit. About three hours into the flight, my stomach decided we were at war and I made a beeline to the lav all the way forward adjacent to the cockpit. Well, must've been in there for an hour or so praying to the plastic porcelain g-ds...come out of the lav to find the purser and the pilot standing there looking at his watch giggling. Apparently they had been standing there the majority of the time waiting to close the gate to the restroom to let the pilot go and couldn't because I was in there. No knocks on my lav or anything. Totally awkward. Spent next 10 hours avoiding eye contact with FAs.

On another glorious UA flight EWR/PDX in F, I ordered a gin and tonic, took one sip and fell asleep...with drink in hand. Guy next to me taps my shoulder to alert me of impending doom only to startle me from my sleep at which point I drop my beverage which proceeds to spill all over my feet and bag. We were only 45 minutes into the five hour flight. Awkward.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Sep 20, 13 at 2:49 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.