FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Flying to London on DL
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2013, 1:30 am
rwoman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Teamstone
I need to head to London in October. Most likely getting to fly Business Class. How would you compare the Delta, Air France and KLM product? I may chose to spend a day or so in Paris or Amsterdam. I love both cities, but very different reasons.

Flying from MSP, but open to any hub. I assume that the Delta 330 is a great choice, and most of the 767 have been reconfigured. I see Delta is flying at least one route with a 737. I assume that is one to avoid. Any flights have a 747?

Are there any aircraft on AF or KLM to either rave about or shy away from? If on AF or KLM, an chance for a OPUP from Business to 1st? (they both run 3 cabin correct?) or would be reserved for their own FFers?

Thanks for the help.
DL only flies 763s (modified) and 764s to/from LHR. I prefer DL lie flat seats over AF or KL. They do not currently fly A330s to/from LHR and only a couple of A330s have been modified; I do not like the old angled seats on this a/c.

You could always fly into LHR, stay in London, then to CDG/Paris, and then home.

As far as OpUps, there are never any guarantees.