FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa: Changes to the Miles&More program effective January 1st, 2014
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:08 pm
SuperFlyBoy

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SMK77
Could you kindly stop defending LH every step of the way? Do you think it's possible that you present changes in a neutral way and let people here make up their own minds?
Well, in this case I don't think it is totally biased - other than it may have been presented a bit more in a different manner.

Originally Posted by SMK77
For those who can't wait, here are the changes for today. They are more announcements with details coming later this year:

More recognition for FTL, SEN, HON

Similar to the current program for Base members, you can collect additional amenities and services based on the number of flights you take within a calendar year. Details to be announced in January.

No Lifetime benefits but Service Stars

Status members (FTL, SEN, HON) who are holding the status for a long time, will get 'Service Stars' printed on their service card. Wild guess: The print one star for every ten years... Details to be announced in November.

Less miles in Economy Class

International flights:

E K L T will earn x0.25 of distance miles (used to be x0.5) and minimum of 250 instead of 500.

Q S V W will earn x0.5 of distance miles (used to be x1.0) and minimum of 250 instead of 500.

European flights:

T will give 125 miles instead of 750, S and W will earn 500 instead of 750.
Keeping us guessing with "amenities"? What - like a 1 hour FlyNet SEN "gift"?

Service Stars? So they know which LH elites they can push down further by denying them upgrades while we try to stay loyal, while the purser cozies up to a UA*G on board?

Originally Posted by htb
Phew... saved...

I don't see how I'll be able to requalify for SEN with only 0.5x the miles for Q S V W after 2017, and I expect that the earnings for the other airlines will be aligned. So that will be it for me. Let's see where I can get *G after 2017 with less effort.
I agree - totally ridiculous.

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Thanks for publication !!

While I think all the other adjustments are not worth that much attention, the reduction of Q Class (even V) to 50% earning is completely out of touch considering the price range of these booking classes.
Not that I'm flying V class much these days - I think I always do have one or 2 trips in the lower Y classes which I upgrade, so it just becomes harder and not worthwhile.

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Another reason to switch to oneworld
Yes, I had just called up AA to inquire about various elite benefits and also earlier investigated Delta, so I'm looking for a alternative to LH now.