View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 13, 11:49 pm
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I have also had a bad experience in EWR by AC about two weeks ago.

Recently flying Costa Rica - Newark - Vancouver on UA ticket stock, with Newark - Vancouver on AC metal. I am AC E35k, my wife is E75k.

Three bags between us.

My wife asked EWR AC check in agent for him to check the 3 bags in under her entitlement for 3 priority bags under Star Gold + E75K. Agent refused to do this - checked in two bags under priority and one under regular checked baggage as I was E35K. Indirectly brushed us off before we realized one bag is down the conveyor belt without a priority tag on it.

I ask what is the point of the entitlement? We are both headed to the same house. Of course we ended up waiting extra time unnecessarily in Vancouver for that extra bag.

Further challenges by the gate staff on boarding- "your status isn't showing on your Boarding Passes. You can't use the priority boarding lane." So what if the UA paper stock doesn't show AC Top Tier - merely Star Gold?? This despite obvious E75 K tags on hand luggage. . . Further waits while all bags are put down and the cards are pulled out- blocking up the line.

Groan.

I'm proud to say that I've flown less than 3,647 miles on this carrier this year. This included the 2,429 EWR-YVR miles.

RANT over.