FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to get LAX - CDG in late Feb?
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2013, 5:17 pm
kawaii

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Best way to get LAX - CDG in late Feb?

Hi all,

I'm planning a surprise trip for my wife and I to Paris in late February 2014 from LAX to celebrate an anniversary. I was hoping to get the best class possible and would love advice about what I can do between now and then to maximize mileage and try to get maybe business or first roundtrip tickets.

I'm *G on *A, through Aegean (23k miles). I've got 38k in UA, 16k in DL, and 83k UR pts. I've been reading the credit card forums to try to figure out if I should sign up for a bunch of cards or what to try to get the points in time for the February trip. Right now, I primarily use Chase Freedom Visa, but I'm considering a CSP or Ink to be able to transfer the UR pts to miles. Advice welcome!

Although ideally, I'd like to be on *A to be able to use the *G status, given that I'd like to fly either J or F, the status doesn't seem like it'll matter (i.e.: i'll get the benefits of the status just via the nature of the J/F ticket).

As far as upcoming flights, I've got probably a LAX-NYC trip in November and one more near the end of Jan.

I think if we could somehow swing a stop via JFK for a week or two either on the front or backend of the LAX-CDG trip, that'd be sweet too (but perhaps too much to ask/hope for?)

In any case, thanks again and look forward to your collective wisdom.

Thanks!

Cheers.