FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A different type of inconvenience...should I ask for compensation?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 3:00 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
They offered several options to remedy the problem. Not sure what more you'd want. Yes, you might have to spend 5 minutes moving to a new room.... Frankly, I'd just take the other room and forget about it.
Agree.

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I sympathize with the plight of dealing with a long travel day, getting settled into a hotel room, wanting just to take a shower and get to bed... and having those nice plans thwarted. If one travels enough, however, little inconveniences like these will eventually happen....I agree that the last one is more serious than the others--you really can't make do without cold water at all. But the hotel offered several options to make things right and, let's face it, it was your own laziness and your CHOICE not to move rooms. As far as I'm concerned, you also gave up your right to any compensation (not that I think you're due any anyway). You can't deny a hotel's every attempt to fix a situation, then expect extra cash, points, or whatever as well.
Agree.