FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Over, Motion Failed: Close the Travel News Forum
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:53 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I agree. But of course, I will continue to keep an eye on the forum.

Unless the metrics change drastically downward in the future, I can't see the Travel News forum getting closed. Obviously that's not set in stone, but it would be hard to justify closing TN when other forums that get minimal traffic are allowed to stay open.

I'd say since the part that seemed to cause the most angst among TN regulars won't be a problem in future, let's let the FTers that enjoy TN continue to do so & move on to other things, such as the 3-4 proposals we're discussing in the private forum.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
there were suggestions that milebuzz be cleaned up by moving threads to other/new forums

was there any similar suggestions re travelbuzz? i presume most of travel news (that is allowed) would go there, now and in future?
Travel News is staying open, so I would hazard a guess most news related stories will stay in the forum. Any that are quite specific to hotel/airline chains will probably get moved, but that's been policy since the forum opened.

Changes re: MilesBuzz are being discussed, but that's a topic for another thread.

Cheers.