FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:59 pm
LondonAndy

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Frequent British Airways poster, first time AA poster (so please be gentle ).

I'm travelling AA in First next April, flying to HNL from BOS via LAX (all 757), and back to IAD from LAX on a 737. I've tried to have a look but can't find definitive answers to a few questions I have:
1) Is it true that there isn't seat-back IFE in F in either of these aircraft? It seems a bit strange that it's offered on the TATL flights even in economy but for these flights, which are about 30 minutes shorter, it seems to be overhead screens if I've interpreted it correctly.

2) Assuming the above is true, I've also seen something about streaming in-flight wifi entertainment. If I bring an iPad for my dad and me does that mean we can download fresh entertainment on-board? If so, is there a cost attached?

3) Assuming 2 is true (!) what power plugs do I need to bring to charge the iPads at-seat? Is the USB plug enough? Do I need to bring my UK plug and a US adaptor?

4) I've seen somewhere about pre-ordering food. Is that only for international flights?

5) I've booked the flights via ba.com, and it has allocated 6E/F on the 757 and 6A/B on the 737. I don't seem to be able to change these seats, but should I be able to and, if so, is there any point?

Sorry for all the newbie questions, but hopefully someone can help me out with answers - thanks in advance.