FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Duo Milan Porta Nuova, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:25 pm
FrancisA

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by milesmuncher
[*]There is free wifi, but it is horrifically slow - and you need to go down to the front desk to get login credentials. They'll give you more than one if you ask, and each lasts for 24hours or 200MB download or 50MB upload. Despite the slow speeds, I blew through the downloads limit pretty quickly each time.[/LIST]
Currently at the FP in Milan and the front desk staff tell me that there is no free Wi-Fi except for Platinums and if chosen as an amenity by Golds like me.

I pointed out that I have stayed regularly here (about six times a year) for the last five years and it has always offered free Wi-Fi to all guests whether SPG members or not. Indeed it rendered the need to choose an amenity pretty pointless as free Wi-Fi was already included.

It seems that the FP in Milan has now changed this and it has become an amenity, not a free service as before. I stayed at this hotel in May and again in June this year and there was definitely free Wi-Fi then, so the change must be more recent.

I really can't see the point in penny pinching like this. I always used to stay at the Gallia (which will hopefully reopen shortly). I am no fan of the Westin or Sheraton Diana, both of which I view as moderate hotels with high prices (even for Milan) in their bars and restaurants. I have always liked the FP in terms of service and value for money. If that too starts going the way of the other Starwoods' Milan properties, I may start looking elsewhere.