FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to rack up serious United miles
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:57 pm
mnscout

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MannyCPA
We have a couple trips planned next spring and summer, one to Europe and one to Asia, and I'd love to travel business or coach and pay with points. What's the most efficient AOR/churn I can run over the next few months to earn these points?

We're new to the game, but this past year we've done the following:

Jan - Chase BA 100K (me)
Aug - Starwoods personal 30K (me)
Aug - Starwoods perosnal and business 30K*2 (wife)
Aug - CitiAA 50K*2 (me and wife)

No relevant history prior to then.

And for those keeping track from prior thread I'm going to avoid the heavy BA fees to London by transfering my BA points to AL along with some AA points.
To maximize your loot, your wife could go for 50K Chase BA with no AF for the first year right now. You could also grab SPG Business. Both of you could go for Citi AA biz for the same reason.

Also apply for Barclays Arrival -- that's extra $800+ in your coffers. I don't know how heavy you guys are willing to churn, but these are pretty good for the starters. If you value hotel points, you could (and should) go for the US Bank Club Carlson personal and business for 340+K points. That's a lot of free stays, too. And if I were you, I would use SPG points for stays, not transfer.