FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Veteran man kicked off from US Airways Express plane
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:05 pm
scottsam66

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
I'm sorry but, I completely disagree with those that feel the man's service to our country doesn't impact the story It most certainly does. It's that service, which caused his condition which requires a service dog. It's his veteran status that probably makes him a little skittish, and why he wanted his dog with him--next to him. It's his service, that caused the airline to rebook with no penalty, and provide free hotel. Those that say it doesn't matter, want to asuage their own guilt, I'd say ($.10 psychology) over them justifying this man being removed from the flight.
Yes, he didn't obey the rules, and have the dog sit on the floor. I get that. But I choose to believe it's his service that brought about his condition, and the need to have the dog by his side. It's like blaming someone with a broken leg, for having to use crutches.