FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:47 pm
tjbrooks

Originally Posted by welch
As to the staff, a little further training is in order for a few. At breakfast we were told all the produce came from the Andaz farm in Maui (?!) including the apples used to make the juice that morning. When I questioned this, I was assured it was the case.
That I'd pay to see!
Mommy Points was talking up farm-to-table there, but the fruit shown was cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon?!
https://twitter.com/mommy_points/status/376754821727916032
Cheap filler on the mainland, that you'd see at a Hampton/Residence/Holiday Inn, but nothing local/exotic. Local grown melon is incredibly expensive IME. Local papaya and passion fruit are dirt cheap, pineapple is cheap and plentiful too, and star fruit should be in season right now.
It's foolish either way, serving expensive mediocre fruit, or throwing around the term farm-to-table without knowing what it actually means.
I also wasn't aware of any local charcuterie/Brie producers.

I'm curious to see their cocktail menu though. They brought in a really talented mixologist for the menu. Even at $16, if they're true craft cocktails, cheapskate me will try a few. I was extremely disappointed with the GH Kauai's menu. Has anyone tried the drinks?