FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore policy on interlining on separate tickets
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:04 pm
vbroucek

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Nikko5
Noting that you say SQ can't provide BPs on 2 separate tickets, should I OLCI for the KLM flight before presenting my bag to SQ in Sydney? Or should I leave it & pick up the KLM BP from the transfer desk in Amsterdam on arrival?
Originally Posted by Aloha1
From what you post, I know SQ will interline bags with VA. VA checkin at SYD should be open at 18:00 SIN time when we anticipate arriving at Changi. So, with 2 PNR's, yes or no? I certainly don't want to have to hang out for several hours after arrival in SYD to wait for VA to open their Int'l counter.
Yes, Guy Betsy is former moderator on the SQ, and when he departed, there were people saying "thank God for that..." (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...moderator.html) Just consider that by his own admission, his advice is based on hearsay only - he cannot provide anything to support it... I will leave it at that...

OLCI for second of the two separate PNRs is IMHO very risky. If you first is badly delayed/cancelled etc and you miss your second flight while already checked in, your chances of doing something about the delay (depending on flexibility/rules of the second ticket) are significantly smaller... Changing ticket/flight after check-in is always more difficult than before check-in...

Last edited by vbroucek; Sep 9, 2013 at 4:20 pm