FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:59 pm
SevenSeas

Programs: AA EXP, SkyMiles Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by HNL;
Row 20 on the 762 is horrible. Avoid at all cost. while there is extra knee room, there is poor leg room.
Originally Posted by JDiver;
This is where we will find the "YMMV" - I like the fact I have a bit more space and my knees are less likely to get mashed by the person in front of me (particularly if they are "commandos" and try to catch me by surprise after looking back and seeing my knees at the seatback - had one of those in Y on a TN redeye). 6'4" / 193 cm, a lot of that in femur.

Basically, IMO, coach on some of the older aircraft like the 762, is ughly - then again, the new 77W with ten abreast is going to be a true "King Oscar" experience.
JDiver and HNL thank you for your replies and your welcome to FT. Regarding the AA 762 experience. You are both right. Row 20 is a bit of a trap, yes extra legroom because it is an exit row but there is no foot room because of equipment. I have now flown on the 762's 3 round trips in the past three weeks. Sat in Row 20 once and Row 24 once. In the future I still think I would prefer Row 20 with the extra legroom (24 not horrible with "main cabin extra"). As to my other 4 segments I have been fortunate enough to get the upgrade to J! This has been a pleasant surprise to me as I am only Platinum with AA. I will take the upgrade to J any day!

If I keep this travel schedule up I might even make EXP this year.