FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:27 pm
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
About to fly ORD-LGA in them. Thank god a short flight - these are overly firm, and as noted up thread, the seat cushion is just way too short. I can foresee people getting neck strain too as the back is pushed too far out compared to the headrest.

RIP the nice Airbus Y seat comfort.

EDIT: after spending a body numbing 100 minutes in those seats, I can safely say it's the single worst Y seat I've ever sat in. Everything ergonomically about it is wrong - an hour after landing, my back is still sore. It's tough to believe they were ever tested on actual human beings...maybe they weren't, could have been just crash test dummies.

I asked the FA, "so you're going to have to do manual announcements on these planes going forward?" He said yes, and all the FAs hated it - and couldn't believe UA was ripping out all the free entertainment too. Wifi was broken as well.

A major thumbs down all around.
Sorry to hear this from someone with credibility. I've been avoiding UA enough that I've not hit one of these yet. It appears that they are ok if you are SHORT and not too heavy, but if you are tall they are awful with the short seat bottom.

At SFO though we are loosing most of the Airbus and getting the CO 7-narrow-7s with those great 17" hard as a rock Koito seats. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Oh well, next year I will avoid UA even more...