FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013
Old Sep 8, 2013, 12:16 pm
dshafiee

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Angry

Originally Posted by Michael D
I agree with what you say.

In addition what should be added is that in the price of the $50 (or whatever) pass is the fact that out of every X passes sold Y people with said pass will consume enough consumables to make it unprofitable for the Club. If Y is growing at such a rate that the remaining (X-Y) day passes do not generate enough profit for all X then raise the price or stop selling day passes. Don't make your paying members suffer. I must add that it isn't Sept 10 yet, the day I understand all this mongering is about so we don't know what will happen. --oops I was thinking about the Apple announcement. But still no reports of downgrade in liquor sans one unsubstantiated LAX and McCormick vodka report.

Also, bartenders in most states are liable if they serve too many drinks to a customer. To consume $10 worth of cost in alcoholic beverage in less than four hours a 200 pound person such as myself would be slightly plastered subject to denied boarding, being arrested for public intoxication and certainly thrown in jail if I was caught driving. Your not very prudent if you are doing such and telling people that you are. $10 isn't going to break the bank.

Finally, bartenders are fonts of irrefutable information. Believe that? See me about a bridge.
I will confirm Bellows is flowing at ORD for the last few days as they ran out of Smirnoff. Bellows is much worse then even McKormicks.