FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W New York Downtown Bed bug - compensation?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:46 am
Points Surfer

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by novaguy30
Hello, I was staying on points last night and got upgraded to a corner room as a plat. When i got back to my room at 1:30 a.m., I discovered a bed bug on my pillow. I thought it was dead but then it started running. I got it and called downstairs. Security came up and had room keys for a new room and changed rooms for me but got a downgraded room. When I checked out the next day, I mentioned the room change and they just said "oh yeah, we know we are going to call pest control." I know bed bugs happen, especially in NY, but I do think it is an inconvenience to change rooms at 1:30 AM. They didnt offer anything. thoughts?
If in one room I'd worry about any room in that property. I've been told by a Starwood property owner that many locations have insurance to cover these issues ie Guest takes them home and needs an expensive bed bug extermination. Sometimes its linked to a Pest Control contract where that company is obliged to make regular inspections to have a baseline if real or bogus claims are made. Just something to consider if you ever bring the Bed Bugs home and they said always have a trackable complaint before you check out ie email etc to back up any future claim.