FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:17 am
bdemaria
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by havoc29
I booked a roundtrip flight a few months ago that has since had schedule changes. The changes weren't too substantial, maybe just 20-30 minutes earlier or later. What I'd really like to do is change my flights to ones that are served by a 763 rather than the 738 I'm currently booked on (because the widebody schedule wasn't set at the time of booking). Am I able to use this schedule change as justification to make even more drastic changes to my itinerary without having to pay for the change fee + fare difference?
Traditionally the answer has been "yes" They change the schedule, you can change w/o a fee. Determine the flights you want before you call and simply state "because of a flight schedule change, I need you to put me on flight X" If the agent isn't cooperative, thank him/her and call back. There could be some pushback from the agent b/c its a relatively minor change but ultimately you should be able to get on the 763.