FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:43 pm
ILovetheReds

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I watched as TSA-Pre was implemented in ATL. They took away two security lines and pushed everyone else into the other lanes slowing down the process for everyone while the TSA-Pre lanes are hardly used. It seems more people are turned away than actually get through. It''s like the entrance to some Kafkaesque velvet rope night club. Going through the Elite line the other day I don't think 5 people went through the TSA-Pre line while i ttook me maybe 10 minutes to clear. The guy sitting at the desk looked bored to death.
I was VERY happy to see Precheck come to ATL. Has cut back on my security time a lot there. It's been a while since I've had a flight originating at ATL, but last time I flew out of there, I know there were people seeing the shorter line and entering who weren't eligible for precheck. Now that the airlines are putting the precheck emblem on boarding passes of eligible passengers, the dragons at many airports are directing PAX to other lanes who don't have it on their BP. Hopefully ATL's dragons are doing that.