FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Country Inn and Suites Long Island City, New York
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:57 pm
murilix

Programs: A3 Gold
My 2 cents on a recent stay the C Inn LI City:

Obviously, it is a STEAL when you think NY - a similar priced hotel in Manhattan would be a bed bug nightmare and the Country Inn is decently clean.

Not brand spanking new shining clean, but decent.

Breakfast is a nightmare, crowded tables and a hideously huge trash can where people throw away their paper plates. Fair enough, food ain't exactly bad, just some grub to fill up your belly. There is also a small clean deli type of place not far that can be handy if you're not willing to fight your way to the crowd and the aforementioned gas station with great selection, including some fancy beer and the roughest attendants in the Western Hemisphere. For simpler stuff and deli meats, I suggest the small Mexican market on the corner of Crescent and 40th.

But some front desk attendants do have a terrible attitude. I arrived there with Ms. Murilix who had an accident as was walking with the help of a stick and we were given a hard time when her credit card didn't get through (she was paying the bills in NY as I refused to spend any money in that city - I gladly picked the hotel bills in Philadelphia - our previous stay) even though 1) I have gold status 2) They already had asked for an authorization on the credit card I used to guarantee the reservation (unfortunately mine).

At least, my complains yielded some CC points in exchange for the hassle.
So I strongly recommend Elite CC members to voice their dissatisfaction in case their status is not properly recognized.