FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:13 pm
N965VJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by mirror74
So, if I understand it right, there is still a challenge (Road to Gold/Platinum), but there is no immidiate status, you get benefits AFTER you complete the requirements... and requirements are the same as before?
If I'm reading a previous poster correctly, it's now a targeted offer via email.

Originally Posted by Boooma
If I am currently enrolled in the Platinum Challenge, can I still complete it and earn my Platinum status?
I would think so.

Originally Posted by BoardingArea.com
The rep was quick to inform me that the challenges were no longer available. He said that they had received complaints from existing Platinum members because their benefits were being diluted by all of these new members who didn’t really earn their status.
So, MR listens and takes action on Plat complaints?

Seriously, what was really being taken away from butt-in-bed Golds and Plats? Upgrades? The FD staff can see how many nights / stays someone has.

Originally Posted by BoardingArea.com
The most interesting part of the conversation (to me) was when the rep specifically said that “sites like Flyertalk” were telling people to call and ask for the challenge.
It's all our fault. What does any company think is going to happen with an untargeted offer in the 2013 internet era?

Maybe when the dust settles they'll come back with a challenge anyone can ask for that needs proof of existing status somewhere else, and status granted after completion.