FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie here...looking for some advice please
Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:24 am
stewaran

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by mdkdue
Got a response today..

'Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your recent experience with British Airways. I am sorry you did not receive the high level of service you expect from us. I understand why you are dissatisfied. Please accept my apologies.

We are determined to provide the highest possible level of service to our customers. This includes your contact with us before and after you travel, as well as during your journey. Your feedback is vital to us because it means we can identify which areas must be improved as a priority.
As a genuine gesture of goodwill towards the problems you had, I have added 10,000 Avios to your Executive Club account. Please accept them with my compliments

Once again, I am sorry you have been so disappointed. I do hope we can welcome you on board again soon.'

So, 10,000 Avios, I am happy with that, was worth sending the email in the end...

Regards
great stuff, that's just paid (your avios) for your upgrades to JFK!

Also, If you can keep an eye out for the sales and book WT+ you will have a good chance of getting a silver card with a few USA trips a year