FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:06 pm
mrow

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jcm9000
I am a Brit, do not live in the US, no green card etc, was AA plat for a couple of years, they gave me TSA-Pre (well before I got GE) - it just appeared in my AA profile one day and i selected the box to opt-in (it appeared right when they first did TSA-Pre, i just generally could not use it until international flights were allowed as typically i start in GCM, but definitely worked a year back or so after an overnight in MIA, as technically was flying a US only itinerary that day). Switched to BA number when flying this year, but recently did a segment (before i got GE) with my AA number. Even though i had dropped to AA Gold back in February or whenever it rolled, I still got TSA Pre that day, and it still shows in my profile that I am opted in. I had read that it was a system error more than anything!!
I'm an UK based EXP with AA and I have TSA Pre. I'm a British citizen and don't have any visa etc for USA. My other half is American and so I spent quite a bit of time in USA, but only under visa waiver programme. I am not in GE yet, but will most certainly be applying.

Being able to use TSA Pre is a mixed bag as often the TSA won't accept non US ID for TSA Pre, so despite having it on my profile and it being given on my boarding cards, I often can't actually use it!