FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:57 pm
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eng3
Just flew back on an "upgraded" A320 (SFO-PHL). I was in F though. Seats seemed the same (with the lack of IFE). I was in the last row of F and there was a pretty large gap behind the seat to the bulkhead. They could have easily given each row another inch or so. Anyways, the captain actually came out to the F cabin (vs from the cockpit) to make is welcome announcement. He actually said that CH9 would be available for us to listen to. Then he looked around at our confused faces and amended his announcement with "if you can find somewhere to plug in". Then he explained that we would be able to stream CH9 and IFE via WIFI and it was "very cool".

Ofcourse, although WIFI was available, there was no streaming. $15 for the flight. Ofcourse with no power plugs, my laptop only lasted for half the flight.

The thing is that even if they eventually get CH9 working on WIFI, since I must use my personal electronics to listen, I won't be able to listen during takeoff or landing. The most interesting parts I like to hear.
Did they change the F seats? Thought they only changed the Y seats in the "upgraded" airbii.